Sarria Church is a Roman Catholic Rotunda church in Floriana dedicated to the Immaculate Conception.
In December 1675 there was an outbreak of plague in Marsamxetto which quickly spread to Valletta, to Senglea and by April 1676 had spread to Zurrieq. Malta lost a third of its population. Grand Master Nicholas Cottoner felt that only the divine intercession of the Immaculate Conception, with her renowned power over evil, could stop the plague and he ordered that Sarria's small church be rebuilt in grander style as a vote of thanksgiving for her intercession. The church was build in 1676, on the site of an earlier church constructed in 1574.
The most precious possession of this church are the seven large canvases that surround the interior, painted by Mattia Preti. The altarpiece, by Mattia Preti, depicts the Immaculate Conception with angels sheltering their swords after defeating the plague of 1675.